TotRockinBeats – N.Y.E 2016 – Making History Happen.
PSSSSS.. Do You Wanna Come To A Party And Help Make History?
It’s that time of year again. Planning any new year’s resolutions?
Well, I’m starting one already. This N.Y.E., I’m not going to get depressed and watch spam-headed Jools Holland and all his fake ‘let’s pretend no-one realises we actually film this in October’ nonsense. I’m going ‘out-out’, and I’m inviting a thousand of you to join me.
Let Me Rewind A Bit.
When kids gate-crash your social life, you come to realise that most of the time it’s easier just to have people round or not go out at all. Instead, you just sit and watch other people’s lives happen on Facebook.
That’s what happens most New Year Eves. I haven’t gone out or made it till twelve o’clock in years.
I got to thinking, I’m not having it any more. This year I am going to make a real effort. I want to see the new year in, in style, with my friends and family.
But how do you do that with a four-year-old and no babysitter?
“Simple: Summon up your inner Marty McFly, bring the whole thing forward six hours and invite a thousand friends, family and random strangers over for the best house party ever”.
Watch this film to find out more:
So, that what I am doing, I have hired out the historic Assembly Hall in Worthing and am going to throw the best NYE house party ever.
Between the hours of 4-7 pm on December 31st, bring yourself, your dancing shoes, your kids, your grandparents, your neighbours and join us.
You can expect not one, not two, but THREE different rooms including:
- The legendary ‘Stick It On’ crew are back to give you the chance to live out your superstar DJ dreams
- DJs playing classic 80s & 90s party tunes & whatever they bloody want
- Karaoke run by children’s TV legend Dave Benson Philips
- A side room playing 40s, 50s & 60s music and packed with classic family games
- A huge dedicated soft play area
- Jive dancing lessons from professional instructors who are able to give those cocky upstarts from ‘Strictly’ a 1-2-3-4 in the sequins
- A live art installation to take part in
- Authentic Sicilian food & six flavours of Gelato to get off your tits on
- A fully stocked bar for those of you that might be tempted to half a Top Deck shandy or a cheeky Babycham to get giggly on
- And so, so much more……
Grab A Granny Or Granddad Session
‘TotRockinBeats was born out of a need to give parents of young kids a desperately needed ‘night-out’.
But think about this – How many old people around you have maybe spent Christmas by themselves and won’t have been out on the razz for a new year’s knees-up in donkey’s years. – Answer? Far too many.
Well, I don’t think that is on. So in room two we will be playing classics from the 40s, 50s and 60s and will be planning more foolishness than you can shake a walking stick at.
We want 70 & 80-year-olds DJ’ing and cutting a rug with the toddler massive.
So, if you have an elderly neighbour or family member, why not do the right thing and bring them along?
If you don’t have an oldie in your life but would like to help maybe offer a lift to someone in need, please drop me a line firstname.lastname@example.org and I will try and hook you up.
Tickets for OAPs are only £5 each – why not buy one as a gift for a stranger and give them and your kids a chance to make some new friends.
GIVE IT UP AND TURN IT LOOSE:
We are also going to be setting up a gift station for any unwanted Christmas presents or toys that the kids might have grown out of.
- Got a jumper that you wouldn’t be seen dead in, but don’t want to hurt someone’s feelings?
- This year’s must-have Barbie usurped last year’s unloved Ninja Turtles?
- Got chocolates that need shifting before you start the new diet?
Then wrap them up and label them with details of what they are and bring them along.
They will then be donated to brilliant local charity Storm House who will make sure they get through to the people that need them most.
CALLING ALL TOTROCKERS – IF YOU ARE DOWN WITH T-R-B.
I am also looking for volunteers to help with decorations, manning the gift station, entertainment, promotions, dancing partners & drivers for the more senior rockers amongst us.
If you fancy becoming part of the TRB family drop me a line at the email address above. In return you’ll get the chance to get your hands on exclusives goodies, tip-offs about ticket offers, cool freebies and most importantly, in the words of Phil Daniels in Parklife ‘An enormous sense of wellbeing’.
BE PART OF HISTORY
We are going to be celebrating midnight at 6 pm (The first place in the UK, to do so), so that means hyperactive kids, knackered parents and the golden oldies can have their hands in the air, waving like they just don’t care, as Big Ben chimes.
Then, if we are all back home in our jimjams by 8 pm, it won’t matter.
We will still have had it larger than, Eddie Large and Giant Haystacks, at that pie-eating competition in ‘Stand By Me’.
Think about it – wouldn’t that be something?
Come and be #1in1000
‘HOW MUCH????? THAT SOUNDS AMAZING, BUT REALLY, REALLY EXPENSIVE….’
Think about this:
How much would it cost you on N.Y.E to get a babysitter (if you could get one)?
- How much would it cost you to get into a club that plays 80s & 90s classic choons?
- How much would it cost to learn how to Jive dance like someone from Strictly?
- How much would it cost you to give your kids the memory that they have stayed up until midnight but not have to put up with the inevitable overtired meltdown?
- How much would it cost you for the chance to DJ in front of a 1000 people?
- How much would it cost you to be ‘OUT-OUT’ on N.Y.E and be surrounded by all your nearest and dearest rather than a bunch of knobheads?
- How much would it cost for your kids to go to soft play, but for you not to have to put up with shit food and the smell of sweaty socks and overripe nappies?
Add those things up and come up with a figure, then… stick it where the sun don’t shine, because you will be miles off!
Because tickets are only £15 for adults, £10 for kids, £5 for OAPs and Under 3’s are FREE.
We’ve got people coming from as far away as London and Kent for this because nothing like this has ever happened before.
1,000 people together for one night making history happen in sleepy old Worthing. Nothing like that had happened since the heady heydays of Sterns.
Many of these people are now sensible, grown-up members of the community with kids and mortgages but will be bringing out their whistles, shit dance moves and day-glo t-shirts for TotRockinBeats.
Come And Be #1in1000
Make sure you join us on Facebook for the latest updates, here.
Thanks for listening…